To determine the year’s top-trending videos, YouTube uses a combination of factors including measuring users interactions (number of views, shares, comments and likes). Note that they’re not the most-viewed videos overall for the calendar year. The final top 10 trending-videos list is ranked by views.
Collectively, the 10 top viral YouTube videos have racked up more than 633 million views (83 million more than last year’s top 10 list) and have been watched for over 40 million hours.
When the Bhangra artists are hitting 150 million and 200 million on a regular basis, yet those videos fail to trend, it really does highlight the fact its a numbers game to them, and just a load of hype that slowly is being stripped away by the very fans that support(ed) them.
Genuine views, will not only give the artist a better view of how they rank, but also the viewing public will also see past the hype which has quite frankly become pathetic.
Here is the Top Ten from YouTube for 2017:
- Luis Fonsi – Despacito ft. Daddy Yankee
- Ed Sheeran – Shape of You [Official Video]
- J Balvin, Willy William – Mi Gente (Official Video)
- Maluma – Felices los 4 (Official Video)
- Bruno Mars – That’s What I Like [Official Video]
- Chris Jeday – Ahora Dice (Official Video) ft. J. Balvin, Ozuna, Arcángel
- El Amante – Nicky Jam (Video Oficial) (Álbum Fénix)
- Jason Derulo – Swalla (feat. Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign) (Official Music Video)
- DJ Khaled – I’m the One ft. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper, Lil Wayne
- Enrique Iglesias – Súbeme la Radio (Official Video) ft. Descemer Bueno, Zion & Lennox